If there is a transmissiba
You should plan with six to eight weeks for a complete IVF-treatment. You will undergo the following procedures during this time:
- Preparation of the IVF (Consultation, pre-cycle-phase)
- Hormonal stimulation (about 2 weeks, with 2 to 4 accompanied ultrasound sessions)
- Follicle extraction
- Transfer of embryos back into the uterus
- Two-week observation phase to determine whether pregnancy occurred
- Another ultrasound
- In case of a pregnancy, you are to continue with your gynaecologist
le disease like HIV-positive or hepatitis C virus infection, the infection of the healthy partner and the unborn child has to be protected.
If the male partner has this kind of diseases, the sperm will be prepared so that no virus can be transmitted to the woman or ovum. If the female partner is infected, treatment with drugs over the period of the pregnancy is conducted, the child is inoculated and a Caesarian delivery induced. Like with all medical procedures, there can be no 100 per cent certainty, that partner or child not get infected. Albeit the risk is nominal!